Revival in America
America has a population of 300 million and approximately 205 million of them do not know Jesus as Savior.
America has about 400,000 evangelical churches and half did not record a single convert last year.
America is plagued with crime, substance abuse (150,000 die from drug and alcohol abuse every year), an alarming abortion rate (about 1.2 million abortions each year), and a teenage suicide rate that takes about 4,000 lives each year.
America seems to be losing its faith, especially our youth.
Josh McDowell in The Last Christian Generation said of them:
• 63 percent don’t believe Jesus is the Son of God
• 58 percent believe all faiths teach equally valid truths
• 61 percent don’t believe Jesus rose from the dead
• 65 percent don’t believe Satan is a real entity
• 68 percent don’t believe the Holy Spirit is a real entity
What we need in America is a national revival!
But before we experience a national revival, we must experience a personal revival.
I pray these questions will challenge you:
• Was there ever a time in my life when I completely surrendered to Jesus Christ as my Master and made Him Lord?
• Am I willing to give up all sin for God?
• Do I consistently forgive those who have wronged or offended me?
• Am I as much in love with Jesus as I have ever been?
• Are my conversation and behavior pure and above reproach?
• Do I have a burden for the lost and do I pray specifically, fervently and faithfully for revival in my life, my church and this nation?
Psalm 139:23,24 says, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting” (NIV).
Executive Director, U.S. Missions
E-mail your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.