15 things parents should model for their children
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. — Children tend to imitate what they see more than they follow what they hear. It’s one thing for parents to tell children what to do and quite another for them to model Christlike behavior and priorities. A parent’s words may fade, but the memory of his or her life lasts a lifetime.
Parents can influence their child’s future by modeling the following 15 things:
1. Faithfulness: Attend church regularly, pray and read the Bible daily, and stay true to the teachings of Christ (Hebrews 10:24,25).
2. Fullness: Seek and receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit and allow Him to guide your life (John 16:5-16).
3. Friendship: Reach out to unbelievers and be an encourager to your friends (John 15:13,14).
4. Fulfillment: Demonstrate that following Christ is the only way to a fulfilling life (Philippians 4:4-7).
5. Following: Be a servant, one who is willing to follow others (John 13:1-17).
6. Freshness: Let the Lord renew your strength and give you stamina (Isaiah 40:31).
7. Fear: Have a healthy fear of the Lord that keeps you from sin (Proverbs 1:7).
8. Fearlessness: Be strong and courageous, with confidence the Holy Spirit is going before you (Joshua 1:9).
9. Frugality: Do not waste resources, but be generous toward others in need (2 Corinthians 9:6).
10. Fairness: Treat everyone with respect regardless of one’s rank or status (James 2:1-7).
11. Fidelity: Remain faithful to your spouse, honoring him or her in both word and deed (Ephesians 5:22-33).
12. Forgiveness: Forgive those who hurt you (Ephesians 4:32).
13. Fun: Be joyful, for Christ is alive in you (Genesis 21:6).
14. Freedom: Refrain from legalism (Romans 8:1).
15. Faith: Believe God for the miraculous (Mark 9:23).
E-mail your comments to email@example.com.