Do you have what it takes to compete for a pro football trivia title? See if you deserve a tryout. Take this quiz.
1. A recent ESPN Sports Poll found that the Super Bowl is the most anticipated sporting event among Americans 12 and over. What event was a distant second?
2. Before the 1950 season, the NFL absorbed three teams from the defunct All-America Football Conference. The 1949 champions of both leagues were then paired in a season-opening Saturday night game. Who were they?
3. How many teams were in the American Football League when it began play in 1960?
4. The Super Bowl trophy is named after legendary Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi. With what team did Lombardi finish his coaching career?
5. The last NFL championship game not leading to the Super Bowl was the January 2, 1966, contest between what teams?
6. Of the following teams, which is the only one to have appeared in the Super Bowl?
7. In the 1940 NFL Championship Game, the Chicago Bears shut out the Washington Redskins by the widest margin in league history. How many points did Chicago score?
8. Which of the following former running backs never scored a touchdown in the Super Bowl?
9. The St. Louis Rams, winners of Super Bowl XXXIV, began their existence in what city?
10. What team owner suggested the name "Super Bowl" for the AFL-NFL World Championship Game?
1. C World Series; 2. A Cleveland Browns & Philadelphia Eagles; 3. B 8; 4. E Washington Redskins; 5. B Cleveland Browns vs. Green Bay Packers; 6. E Philadelphia Eagles; 7. D 73; 8. A Walter Payton, Bears; 9. C Cleveland; 10. D Lamar Hunt, Kansas City Chiefs.
How do you rate?
Compiled by Ron Kopczick, Pentecostal Evangel promotions coordinator.
| Articles | Subscriptions
| News & Notes | Talk-Back
| Meet the Staff | Writers
| ABCs of Salvation | Who We Are | Life's Q&A | From Our Files | Pentecostal Evangel Books |
©1998-2000 Gospel Publishing House, General Council of the Assemblies of God